In January, I posted about New Year’s Resolution’s and status updates on meself. Let’s see how I’m doing now that’s it’s August. (How is it August already?)
Grad Schools Applied to: 5
Grad Schools Rejected from: 2
Grad Schools Waiting On: 0
Grad Schools Accepted To: 3 (USC FTW!, NC State and Georgia State University)
Grad School Officially Attending: USC for Critical Studies in the School of Cinematic Arts
Um, so I need to read more…
I stopped keeping track of the movies I’ve watched this year when I abandoned my blog back in March.
#OITNBSEASONTWO. Holy fucking shit Rosa.
I also have a subscription to HBOGO now so I’m going to try to find time for Game of Thrones and The Wire. Emphasis on try.
I had a job at Old Navy for a few months and I loved it. Well, as much as you can love retail. And I had a crush on a manager so that helps you not hate going to work. But I left it when I moved out to LA. I was thinking about transferring to a store out here just so I could stay on payroll and work when I go home, but the closest ON is almost ten miles away and I’m not battling through LA traffic for a part-time job.
Especially when I have a new part-time job on campus! I found out a few weeks ago that I was hired as an office assistant in my department. Perfect job for me. Gah, I love when everything falls into place. Hopefully I can start working sooner rather than later because poor.
Hahahahahah. HA. HAHAHAHA.
Okay, so I was doing so well. The lowest I’ve seen on the scale has been very close to a big goal, but not quite there. All in all, I was averaging about twenty pounds lighter than the heaviest weight I remember. Which is huge.
But then I drove across the country for a week and ate nothing but fast food and now I feel like I weigh 1000 pounds. I don’t have a scale here, and I really don’t plan on getting one because I don’t need that kind of pressure to look at it. I’m going on a baked chicken and salad kick to try to get rid of this fast food grossness. It’s not even the extra weight I probably gained, I felt so sick eating all the greasy food. It’s certainly noticeable how bad that food is for you when you stop eating it for awhile.
Check out my resolutions, here.
1. Exercise: I bought a yoga mat and some 2 lb. weights. That’s enough for now. Maybe another two months and I’ll start using them.
2. Watch all the movies in my Netflix queue: Not even close.
3. Watch the acclaimed TV series: Last time I did this I was in the middle of Parenthood. It was good but I stopped after season 4 because I knew so many spoilers from the current season.
4. Reading: Like above, whoops.
5. Be more neat and organized: Moving certainly made me cut back on the amount of stuff I have, so my apartment is amazingly clean and organized. Everything has a place and right now, it’s in it.
6. Lose weight: Lost some, getting back on the wagon.
7. Stop eating out so much: Well I’m broke right now so that should be pretty easy.
8. Budget: I have an extensive color-coded budget of my expenses and income for the entire semester. I think I’m gonna be able to manage it.
9. Wear all the clothes in my closet: I have to pay $2.00 to do a load of laundry in my building, so I’ll probably be cycling through the back corners of the closet a bit more.
10. Coloring Book: I did bring it with me. Forgot the markers though.